Tuesday, January 26, 2010

day 26

Couch to 5K week 4, workout 1, 2.3 miles completed.

I am beginning to look forward to these training days. I love the surge of post-run, mood elevating endorphins. I love to feel my muscles getting stronger with each stride. I love hearing the rhythmic pounding of my feet. But most of all I love the confidence that grows every time I get out there and run.

Kristin Armstrong says it best:
"Confident on the Inside means - You are wise enough to accept God’s definition of who you are, and you are strong enough not to accept counterfeit messages. You know your own beauty and are grateful for it, never needing to promote or pollute it. You possess awareness of your talents, as well as the humility and generosity to share them. You can say 'Yes' and 'No' with equal certainty. You live and love big – never needing to play small or belittle others. You can say 'thank you' to a compliment as easily as you can say 'Forgive me' or 'I forgive you' to a mistake. Confident on the Inside means that you feel so comfortable in your own skin that your very presence is an invitation to freedom for others. Confident on the inside knows no age."

Happy trails,
Jessy

2 comments:

  1. Wonderful quote!!! Thank you for sharing that!!
    Glad everything is going okay! Way to run Mama...can't wait to get back into running/training with you again...I miss it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the quotation! It is so much YOU! My confident daughter! Love you!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for cheering us on! We love hearing from you.