Thursday, February 11, 2010

day 42

I used to have a mantra when I ran. Something I would say to myself over & over & over until I finally believed it, or at least forgot about the fact that I couldn't breathe. I tried to remember it today as I ran, but I couldn't. Darn. It was good, I know it was, it got me through several tough races the past few years.
And then, as if by fate, my music changes and U2 starts singing.
"I am not afraid of anything in this world, there's nothing you can throw at me that I haven't already heard...You gotta stand up straight, carry your own weight...You've got to get yourself together, you've got stuck in a moment & now you can't get out of it, don't say that later will be better...It's just a moment this time will pass."
It's just a moment, this time will pass.
I think that was my mantra for today.
Happy trails,
Jessy

Couch to 5k week six workout two, 2.55 miles completed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for cheering us on! We love hearing from you.