Friday, February 19, 2010

day 50? awesome!

It's Friday. I can tell. But...inspite of the dreary sky, a little bit of an upset tummy, and a husband who is off to work the weekend I still believe that all will be well with the world. I will make it.
In the mean time, I just loved this article from NPR, "Wistful Workout: You Know What? Forget It"by Stephen Thompson . For my walk today I downloaded their recommended music, grabbed a couple Cooking Light magazines and hit the treadmill. My favorite song? "Even If You're Never Awake" by Stars of the Lid.

Here's the highlight given by Thompson: "Did you know that sleep burns calories? That's why you weigh less in the morning than you do at night. (Never mind the fact that you haven't eaten in many hours; that's just propaganda from the Exercise Industrial Complex.) Few pieces of music are better suited to send you floating into slumber, which simulates the effect of something between Vicodin and whatever they use to anesthetize bull elephants. When you wake up 16 or 17 hours later, the calories will have melted away!"

So funny! :)
Now that I'm feeling so relaxed I think I'll go warm some tea, cuddle up with my munchkins, and enjoy a calm afternoon. Or at least as calm as it can get with four crazy kids.

Happy trails & happy weekend,
Jessy

1 comment:

  1. Hope it was a good afternoon. I would LOVE to snuggle with your 4!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for cheering us on! We love hearing from you.