Tuesday, February 23, 2010

day 54

couch to 5k, week eight, workout one, 2.75 miles completed. Woo.

So, for this week of training I'm supposed to run for 28 straight minutes (without any walking).
Yeah. That just wasn't happenin'.
So instead of getting discouraged and fostering negative thoughts by not being able to do that, I gave myself a few walk breaks. I still feel like I have made tons of progress since beginning this program, but for whatever reason I feel like I'm at a plateau. I need something to push me over the edge but can't seem to figure out what.
Kinda scary to think I only have one more week (after this one) of the couch to 5k program, and then a couple more weeks until my 5K. What are we going to shoot for after our 5k's?
On another note, I found this article from Cool Running really helpful. Thanks to them, today I "ran on water."

Happy trails,
Jessy

3 comments:

  1. Good golly lady...2.75!!! Yay for you!!! I'm so proud of you! I'm not sure what we should go for after the 5k b/c anything more than that would take more than 30 minutes!! :) So, maybe I'll just work on improving my time. AFter my Mar. 27 5k, there are a couple more that I'm planning on doing and I know I'll want to improve my times! What are you thinking? I guess, eventually, there'll have to be some days I do more than 30 minutes if I want to run longer races! I'll cross that bridge when and if I come to it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Proprioceptive cues, huh?? Very interesting. I think I would be able to do the floppy feet, but running on water sounds easy too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool!!! I kinda started the C25k back around Thanksgiving... but I've repeated many weeks (for many reasons) so I'm currently around week 6. Anyway, I think it's really neat that you're doing it too. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for cheering us on! We love hearing from you.