Thursday, March 11, 2010

Day 70

Well, I had a dilemma today. My treadmill is not usable until the service guy comes and fixes the belt. I figured I'd do my run outside until I woke up to MORE SNOW! I couldn't believe my eyes...I thought we were done...that's Nebraska for you! So, I considered being hard core and running outside once it turned to rain, but I didn't want to ruin my new shoes in all the puddles and slush, and running in my old shoes would be bad on my back and knee. So, what did I do? I called the new gym close by and asked if they offered any free trial memberships. :) They told me I could try it out for a week for free!! Yay!!

Couch to 5K: Week Six, Workout Two (I skipped workout one since that was the day I was sick), 2.21 miles completed.

I noticed a couple things when going to the gym today...it's a lot more motivating to keep running when there are lots of people working out around you and I'm sorely lacking in cute workout clothes. Also, I saw the PT that worked on my back! That was also motivating for me...knowing he was seeing me run when 2 months ago he saw me when I could barely walk!!

3 comments:

  1. awesome. we have talked about getting a membership somewhere (hellooooo childcare) but i have always rationalized not getting one because we have a treadmill. hmmm...glad to hear it went well for you. good thinking!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool that you saw your PT there!! Good thinking on that.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for cheering us on! We love hearing from you.