Friday, March 5, 2010

I had a great walk today. I had my incline at 7 and walked at 4.3mph most of the time. It's great to feel a sense of progress on this adventure. As I walked, feeling my calves burn, I remembered the first time I set my incline at 7 and how it seemed impossible. It was still a big incline today, but it was do-able. I liked that feeling.
Anyway, I also finished my book Three Cups of Tea while I walked. What an amazing story. Greg Mortenson is a very inspiring man. I loved his idea of fighting the "war on terror" through education and empowering women. I admire his approach at taking care of the root of the problem--seems like it will be more successful in the long-term and way less expensive. Not to mention the number of lives that will be saved by promoting peace through education. I would love to do some sort of Pennies for Peace program with the kids.
Hope you had a good day!

Happy trails,
Jessy

2 comments:

  1. A pennies jar is a good idea! You have so many of those ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you enjoyed the book. My class did a Pennie for Peace drive at our school. We got a write up in the newspaper too. It was awesome and the kids totally got into it. Yay for peace!
    ~ Sara

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for cheering us on! We love hearing from you.