Thursday, April 15, 2010

Day 105

So, my plan this week was for runs Monday/Tuesday/Thursday so I'd have a day to rest before the Novartis Run on Saturday. I did not get enough sleep last night and did not feel up for a full run today at all. While I was walking on my treadmill, I looked over at my Couch to 5K training schedule and decided to follow Week One, Day One but run at a faster pace than I normally do. So, I ran for 60 seconds and walked for 90 seconds. When I ran, I alternated between 6.0 and 7.0 (ouch!). My total mileage was 2.14 miles, which was mileage I didn't see until Week 5 when I completed the program the first time!!
I got to thinking after my walk/run today that maybe I'll do the program all over again but run and walk faster, since right now my goal is to work on my speed (there's not much more I can do in 30 minutes a day!). I think I'll only do the program 2x/week and on the third day, I'll do a full run to keep my endurance up.
As far as the water goal, I'm finding myself getting my 3rd Nalgene bottle in during the late evenings after the boys are down. I've always prided myself in being a good water drinker, but I've obviously gone down hill, so I'm glad I'm paying attention again!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for cheering us on! We love hearing from you.