Friday, December 31, 2010

DAY 365!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The only thing that could have made Day 365 better would have been to have you by my side friend!! I really was fortunate to have the opportunity to complete my last day with a run on the beach! I left the camera with Craig to take pics of the boys playing on the beach, and there were so many photo opps along the way as I ran. I was a little sad I hadn't brought the camera along even though it would've been a hindrance. But then, as I got closer to the family, I noticed they had drawn a finish line in the sand with the number 365 by it and Craig was ready with the camera! Perfect...we couldn't have planned it better. :)

So, we're DONE! Wow!! I'm so proud of us...I really am...walking or running every single day of the year is HUGE! I am definitely ready for a new challenge, but am so ready for something with a bit more flexibility. What I've learned about myself from this challenge is that setting little goals and keeping a bit of competition going with myself motivates me and keeps me on my toes. And by completing this challenge, I've proved to myself that I have staying power...no more excuses!! :) Overall, I've definitely been more active this year, but I have also felt a little narrow-minded when it comes to working out. Because we were walking or running every day, I rarely did anything but run or walk...that needs to change in 2011! So, bring on 2011, 500 miles of running, and some variety!
Thanks for inviting me to take this journey with you! It's been a pleasure and a huge pain! ;)

2 comments:

Thanks for cheering us on! We love hearing from you.