Friday, January 1, 2010

And we're off...
January 1, 2010, the beginning of a new year and a new attitude towards exercise. Today we went to our favorite park on base. Greg watched the kiddos play while I took off down the road. I brought along my MP3 since I normally need the distraction. As I ran I came across an unused golf course which made a perfect trail to run along. I turned off my music and listened. I even saw a muskrat preening himself along the slough next to the 8th hole. I rationalized a need to stop and stretch to watch the little guy for a bit. I ran out along the course for 15 minutes then turned back towards the park for a total time on my feet of 30 minutes. Day one complete. It felt so good to run again. I had a sense of a sleeping beast being awakened. I know every day won't feel like this, but today did so for now I'm going to enjoy the endorphins.

Happy trails friend,
Jessy

2 comments:

  1. GO JESSY!!! Sounds like a great first run! ~becca

    ReplyDelete
  2. If there is anyone that I know who can do this, it is you two!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for cheering us on! We love hearing from you.