Friday, January 1, 2010

Here Goes Nothin'!

Rebecca! Just thought of this! What if we spend 30 minutes every day on the treadmill for the whole year. Walking or running. Whatever, just 30 minutes!! You in? Just a few hours left in the day. Love ya,me

This is the message from Jessy that greeted me when I was innocently checking my Facebook page today! I definitely had mixed feelings about this one, but I just knew I had to accept the challenge. I quickly replied to the message with 'okay, i'm in!' Then I sat in my chair nursing Jude and doubts were flooding my mind. 365 days of running or walking? Seriously? Every.Single.Day! We must be crazy! Then I glanced over at our Christmas tree and a little ornament lit up by a single light caught my eye..."BELIEVE". I knew then that I had to believe in myself! I can do this and it's going to be so good for me. Like I told Jessy to begin with..."this is a HUGE challenge, but I'm sure the results will be HUGE too!"



After I got Jude down for the night, I hopped on the treadmill. Definitely slow going as it's been over a year since I've really done anything with my treadmill. But I did it!! I did it! That's what mattered for Day One. I got a whole 1.35 miles in. :-) It's going to be fun and motivating to see that number increase every day...because I will make sure it increases every day until I'm getting 3 miles in during my 30 minutes! I'm going to be a runner by December 31, 2010!!!


Friend, thank you so much for this challenge. I know it's not going to be easy because, sadly, it's hard to carve out 30 minutes of me-time (and want to use it to work out), but I'm going to do it! I'm glad we'll be able to encourage each other and I'm excited to see what we do with this!!

Love,

1 comment:

Thanks for cheering us on! We love hearing from you.