Monday, January 11, 2010

Day 11

When we got home from our Kindermusik class this morning, there was a Parents Magazine waiting for me in my mailbox. I knew right away what I'd be doing during my leisurely treadmill walk today! I got a little nervous that I wasn't going to get my naptime walk in, as planned, because Jude didn't seem to want to go to sleep for me. But he did! Thank you sweet baby of mine!! I thoroughly enjoyed my walking and reading. My total mileage today was 1.21 miles. Heck, that's not bad for a leisurely walk...a lot more calories burned than if I had just curled up on the couch to read it! :)
It was good to talk to you and discuss goals, rewards, and plans today! I am definitely going to slow myself down on my non-couch-to-5k days. I've been so gung-ho about this challenge that it took my aching knee to remind me that we have more than 350 days to go!! I loved your idea about doing a short strength training type of DVD on our easy walk days. I'm definitely going to do that on the days that my boys allow it! Today was one of those days! I did one circuit of Jillian Michaels' Banish Fat, Boost Metabolism. This particular circuit was kickboxing, so it took me right back to our kickboxing days with Hottie!! Wish we could do that together again!!

2 comments:

Thanks for cheering us on! We love hearing from you.