Monday, January 11, 2010

day 11

Ah, the temps are back up to "normal" around here and with Greg home today I had to get outside for my 30 minutes. I planned on walking since I'm starting the Couch to 5K plan tomorrow (again, hehe, I'm a dork) but the fresh air, sunshine, good music, and finding this great road, meant I ran more than I had planned. I came across this road (north rolling oaks) about 20 minutes into my time. I knew I needed to turn around to make it back home in my 30 min time frame but couldn't help pressing on to see what was over the hill. I think I've found a new place to run/walk. It's peaceful, hilly (for a challenge), and feels like I'm out in the country.I felt so great when I got home, tired, but really really good.
As far as goals go, I am going to plan on my "non-5K training days" to stick to walking (since they are technically 'rest' days) and do some sort of core/strength training. If I can keep that up until my 5K on the 28th of March then I shall reward myself with a new watch. Yay. Gotta love those rewards.
354 days to go friend, we can do it!! We are super women!!! Yes we are!!

Happy trails,
Jessy

3 comments:

  1. You guys were my inspiration today! I had a million excuses to keep from getting out today, but I told myself, "If Jessy can do it with 4 kids and Becca can do it with 3 kids, what's my excuse with only one???!" Thanks guys!
    ~ Sara

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Sara! Your comment means so much to me! We all have our own little battles to face, but if we can encourage one another and inspire one another along the way then it is all worth it in the end. Happy exercising to you, and thanks for sharing.
    Jessy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm super excited about following you guys during this challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for cheering us on! We love hearing from you.