Monday, January 18, 2010

Day 18

I got into the doctor this morning and while he wasn't exactly sure what happened, he did prescribe Darvocet and ordered Physical Therapy. So, I was able to get some relief today and was able to walk to the bathroom on my own...that's no 30 minutes on the treadmill, but it was a big accomplishment at this point!! I'll continue with Physical Therapy 3x/week for now.
Today, while I was laying in the treatment room with Microcurrent and ice on my back, I could hear someone on the treadmill, and I had to hold back the tears as I thought, "That should be me!" It sure is amazing how my perspective has changed now. Before this happened, I was getting a little bit tired of my treadmill...now I can't wait to get back on it!!!
So once again, thanks to another awesome friend, my 30 minutes was taken care of for me today! I sure do wish they could actually transfer their calorie burn to me too!! :) Thanks Jen...I know you're not feeling very well right now, but you did it anyway! I so appreciate your willingness to do this for me. :)




Hello friend! I hope you're feeling better tonight! I did a quick 30 minutes on the elliptical after dinner tonight,I had a feeling if I waited until later I wouldn't do anything. Oh,and yes,that is Josh's head in the picture,no he didn't stay on with me:) I did 20 minutes during nap time so my plan was to do a video,but I knew there was no possibility of that with the kiddos running around. After I was finished Josh and I had a jumping jack off-he did 100 jumping jacks-100! I stopped after 55 and collapsed...in my defense I had just done a 30 min. workout and he wasn't doing them properly the entire time...still,I was owned by a 3 year old.Love ya Becs! Hang in there! {Hugs}

3 comments:

  1. Hope you're feeling a little better today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's ok. You will make it. Believe me, I know about the lower back pain, so don't over do it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! Thanks Jen. I love seeing your little guys head in the picture. Rebecca is so lucky to have such willing friends to help out.


    Rebecca~My heart just ached for you when you said, "I could hear someone on the treadmill, and I had to hold back the tears as I thought, "That should be me!" It sure is amazing how my perspective has changed now."

    I have my days but it has really been interesting how doing this challenge every day, and being accountable to one another has totally changed my perspective on not just exercising but being active in general! Even though it is a bummer that you are hurt it is wonderful to see your family and friends taking over for you. What a great support system you have.
    I am sending positive, healing thoughts your way. Keep thinking strong and you'll be back on the treadmill in no time. Slow & steady is how we're going to do this. Wish I could give you a big hug right now! Love ya!
    Jessy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for cheering us on! We love hearing from you.