Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Day 20

I DID MY OWN 30 MINUTES TODAY!!
Ha! I can't believe I'm so stoked that I was able to get up and walk 5 times for 6 minutes each. Dax joined me for my last 6 minutes...he's so excited that Mommy is up walking again. He keeps asking, "Mommy, can you walk faster?"
My PT was very pleased with how my back is moving today. He said as bad as my back looked on Monday, from his experience, he thought I'd be down for at least a week! He also thinks that doing a 5k on March 27th is still a reasonable goal and he likes that I'm striving for it. He agreed that I definitely need to get some new running shoes! He started very basic core strengthening with me today in addition to the other stretches he had me start on Monday. So, I'm feeling very hopeful after today's appointment. I still have to take it slow, but I'm moving in the right direction!
Thanks again to all my wonderful friends and family for supporting me and helping me out!!
And, Jessy, I can't wait to see pics of your beach walk today!!!

2 comments:

  1. Yay! Woohoo! Yipeee! Do you see me doing a dance of joy? Yeah, you're probably glad you can't see me. :) But I am so happy for you!!! I can't imagine how discouraging it was to be down & out. What great news from your appt. I am grinning from ear to ear. :) Glad you have PT to help with exercises, ask questions of, and to remind you to take things slow. Love ya,
    me

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO having your back get hurt wasn't so bad cause you got your own "personal trainer" now!!! Happy you're back!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for cheering us on! We love hearing from you.