Sunday, January 24, 2010

day 24

Couch to 5K week 3, workout 3 (2.21 miles) complete.
I really was hoping to get out of bed and get my run done early today. But alas, I was too comfy and too sleepy to move. I was not looking forward to a nap time run and barely managed to squeak in 30 minutes before the kids woke up. As I ran though I made a huge discovery. Most days around 3pm is when I usually lose all steam. I am so sleepy and the rest of the day I never feel like doing much of anything, let alone accomplish much. I have seen a pattern this past week. If I wait to get my run in during nap time my afternoons with the kids are so much better. I have a little more pep in my step and my energy level is much higher.
So, as much as I like to use nap time for important things like folding laundry or cleaning bathrooms, I'm thinking afternoon runs might be my thing!
When is your "ideal" time to run?
Happy trails,
Jessy

1 comment:

  1. Having more pep in your step for your afternoon is better than spending nap time cleaning. I KNOW you and your house is NOT dirty anyway!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for cheering us on! We love hearing from you.