Saturday, January 30, 2010

day 30

Thirty days into our challenge. Just this morning I was marveling at how much of a second nature spending 30 minutes walking/running has become. Exercising has become a question of when not if.
And then lunch time happened.
As we finished up our meal at our favorite Mexican restaurant served by our favorite waiter I pushed my plate aside and sighed. All I could think about was going home to take a nap! Then the realization came which I stated loud enough for the table next to us to hear,
"Oh no! I still have to get on the treadmill today!!!"
As we pulled into the garage I let out another long sigh and a small complaint to Greg that getting on the treadmill was the last thing I wanted to do. To which his much needed reply was a reminder that I just needed to change my attitude. Thanks honey.
And that is what I did. Makes me wonder how many other situations in my life could be more peaceful if I only changed my attitude.
Happy trails,
Jessy

2 comments:

  1. I just love reading your posts! I'm so glad I'm doing this with YOU!!! xoxo ~becca

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gotta be those times when you don't WANT to. But doing it anyway--ah hem---let's see, what can a mother say---builds character!!!! Na, you're quite a character already!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for cheering us on! We love hearing from you.