Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Day 6

Hooray for another naptime run! I truthfully would have rather curled up with a hot drink this afternoon as we are getting pounded by snow AGAIN! But now I can curl up with my hubby tonight since I won't have to fit my treadmill time in after the boys are asleep!
Since the Couch-to-5K program is only for 3 days/week, I had to come up with something else to do. Last night on The Biggest Loser, Jillian made the contestants get on the treadmills at a 7.0 incline right off the bat. I figured if they could attempt it, I could too. It was no joke! I warmed up for 5 minutes and then inclined the treadmill. I lasted for 15 minutes at that incline. My total mileage today was less because there was no way I could go the same speed at that incline, but it was still higher than my first walk. I got to 1.4 miles today. I have a feeling my legs will be feeling this workout tomorrow!
I also pledged to lose 30 pounds through the Pound for Pound Challenge today. For every pound you pledge to lose, 14 cents is donated to your local Food Bank, which is enough for one pound of food. Just extra motivation for me!!

4 comments:

  1. Hey that Pound for Pound thing sounds good. I might check into it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, Becca, you are inspiring me to try running! That is really something I have to say. Great work and I love the Peter Maher quote on your sidebar. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my word crazy lady! That incline is insane! I love doing this with you, by the way. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for cheering us on! We love hearing from you.