Sunday, January 3, 2010

Day 3

Hellooooo day 3! Are you happy with yourself? You totally kicked my bootay today. I felt like I had been hit by a truck as I rolled out of bed this morning. If I didn't know Becca was counting on me to get my 30 minutes in today I totally would have taken the day off. My hamstrings are sore, my back is sore, even my toes ache. Sigh. Enough belly achin'.
I had planned on heading down to our neighborhood park to get my time in while the kids played but it was chilly this morning (48) and very cloudy. A good morning to snuggle in and watch Dora. ;)
I'm tellin' ya, if I didn't know better I'd say my aching muscles and the dreary weather were in cahoots to make me wimp out today. Naptime for the kids came & went and I still didn't get my time in. We talked about going to the park on base after naps, but wimped out again with chilly temps. I knew the later it got the greater my chances of failure. Finally, around 4pm I hopped on the treadmill. It felt good to stay indoors today. Since we aren't going to have any "rest days" I figured I would take it a bit easier on the treadmill and give my achin' joints a rest. I felt pretty good around 4mph and added a little incline to mix things up a bit. I'm so glad the day is done. I'm off to eat some popcorn, watch a movie, and get some beauty sleep.
Happy trails friend,
Jessy

2 comments:

  1. Pretty sure I'm not kicking anyone's bootay, and I certainly don't have aching muscles from the workouts I've been doing! :) But thanks for the props! You're doing awesome...way to get on that treadmill woman!! talk to you tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor Baby! Sorry it was so "cold" for you!!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for cheering us on! We love hearing from you.