Sunday, February 7, 2010

day 38

Couch to 5k, week five workout three, 2.5 miles completed! (I'm happy about that incase you couldn't tell) :)

I had a little better time management today and got my run in earlier. It went better than I anticipated. I was nervous as today's plan included a 20 minute run. Up until this point the longest running period, I believe, has been somewhere between 8-10 minutes with plenty of walking breaks in between. But I found a good song and found my "happy pace" pretty quickly. I feel like this program is really building a solid foundation at a realistic pace. Which hopefully will prevent injuries and keep me running longer and faster in the end.

Happy trails,
Jessy

2 comments:

  1. Wow! A 20 minute run and 2.5 miles!! That's just impressive! Way to go friend!!
    Walgreens was on my to-do list today to get my ice packs but i don't know what I was thinking...no way I would've fit that in...guess I could go now at 9:45. Uh, maybe not! Wish we could do a run together...miss you! Thinking of you lots! xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for cheering us on! We love hearing from you.