Thursday, March 18, 2010

Day 77

Couch to 5K: Week Seven, Workout Two. I'm not sure of my distance. It was a beautiful, sunny day in the mid-60s today...I don't think the weather could have been any more perfect for a run, in my opinion! When Craig got home from work, I took advantage of the weather and headed to the Mopac Trail where part of my 5K run is supposed to take place next weekend. This is my first run outside...the 30 minutes seemed to go so much faster and I still surprise myself when I complete a run of 25 minutes straight!
Any advice on keeping a pace while running outside?
How's your playlist these days? Since I've been doing these runs without walk breaks, I find that music really helps to keep me motivated and gives me an extra push when I need it. I know it's recommended not to listen to music during races though...thoughts anyone?

3 comments:

  1. Hmmm...as for keeping a pace? That's where a watch with a chrono timer thingy would come in handy. (which is my "reward" for the 5k remember? yay!) Most of the time I just go with what "feels right."
    As for music, I haven't taken much time to look. Do you have a MP3?

    ReplyDelete
  2. yep, I have an mp3. maybe i need to look into a watch too...especially since I was using my cell phone and dropped it and had to go back for it when I noticed!!!! oops!! send me a link of what kind of watch you're getting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. will do. i always stick my phone in my sports bra. ;)

    j

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for cheering us on! We love hearing from you.