Sunday, March 28, 2010

day 87~race day!

0600~Up & at 'em for a nice warm shower. My mantra for the day? "I am speed!" (thank you lightning mcqueen)
0630~Breakfast of champions...half an onion bagel, toasted with cream cheese and a cup of joe.
0645~Final check & round up of running essentials, most importantly my MP3 and an extra hair thing around my wrist.
0715~On the road. Starting to feel anxious and wishing I was there already.
0745~At the park, I hop in line to pick up my race number. Glad I brought safety pins since there weren't any in my packet.
0815~Potty stop. Nerves.
0820~Hugs & kisses from my cheerleaders before I line up at the start.
0830~And we're off. I am speed...
0832~Trying to settle into my groove. My legs feel heavy. I start to wonder why I sign up for these things.
0836~Can't breathe. Want to walk.
0838~I am speed...
0839~I need to walk...
0840~Oh my gravy! I'm at mile 1! Really? I am shocked that I did that in only 10 minutes! I can do this!
0842~Are we at mile 2 yet?
0844~The man behind me is breathing so heavy I wonder if he's going to have a heart attack.
0845~I need to walk. Now I am breathing like the man behind me!
0845:30~No. I can run. I've trained for this! Yes! keep running!
0846~WATER!
0847~I am speed...
0848~I have found my groove. I can't believe I've been running this long. And I actually feel like I am running fast!
0849~Aw, there's a cute couple in front of me. Reminds me of Greg and me. :)
0850~MORE WATER!
0851~Mile 2. Ok, that one took a minute longer. I expected that.
0852~I really really really really want to walk.
0853~I neeeed to walk!
0854~I'm going to throw up!
0855~Focus...I am speed...
0856~Yeah, there goes my dream of a 30 minute finish.
0857~No. I can do it! I can do it! I have been walking/running for 86 days straight. I can do this!
0858~Time for some motivating music.
0859~I can see the finish. I need to walk. I'm walking now.
0900~Wait! I see Greg! He's jumping and waving and yelling like a wild banshee. I must have a chance. No, I don't, I can't. Yes, I do. Run Jessy run!!!!
0900:20~Woooooooo! Crossing the finish line has never felt so good! I did it! I knew I could.
I am speed...official chip time 30:20!

3 comments:

  1. You ARE speed!!! Proud of my gal!!! Love you SO much!!!!! Anchorage??????????

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! So proud of you my friend and once again very thankful that you actually got me to do all this with you!! This is gonna be an awesome year...I can feel it!! And yes, I'm typing this at the end of a very long and tiring day (I do have my 30 minutes out of the way!!).
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Jessy great time! I am so glad you and Beccs are partners in this commitment to health and the joy of Motherhood.

    Keep up the good work!

    Rick and Cheryl

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for cheering us on! We love hearing from you.