Wednesday, April 7, 2010

day 97

I really, really, really didn't want to run today. But this morning I registered for this 5K and knew I needed to get my rear in gear. Since the 5K will be in the hill country I decided to focus on adding a good amount of incline while I ran today. Hopefully that will prepare me for race day.
I ended up going 2.62 miles. When Greg came in the room he found me laying on the floor dripping with sweat. I ran my tooshy off on those hills. As I told Greg all about my various inclines and speeds I was so pumped about my run. It was such a mental challenge today. The most amazing moment came when I literally felt everything click. My body went from tired & heavy to feeling completely aligned. I felt the shift. I could hear my body saying, "Ah, there it is" when I found my groove. It feels so good to be at this point of my running journey. I can only imagine what the next 268 days will bring!
Happy trails,
Jessy

2 comments:

  1. way to go friend!! you are doing so well...right now i can't imagine running on inclines, but you're right...i can only imagine what the next 268 days will bring! :) i can't believe how far i've come in these first 97 days, but i have so far to go!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Almost to 100 days!! Don't know how you do it! I'm amazed at running on inclines.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for cheering us on! We love hearing from you.