Sunday, January 17, 2010

Day 17

Well friend, as you know, I was unable to get my 30 minutes in today thanks to some freak back spasms and horrible lower back pain that have kept me in bed all day. I am SOOO sad about this. I have no idea what caused them...that's what is most frustrating! I was talking to a good friend about my problem earlier, and I was almost in tears telling her that I was screwing up this challenge in the FIRST MONTH. She was so sweet and thoughtful and offered to complete my 30 minutes for me today. I am such a blessed woman to be surrounded by such wonderful friends. Thank you so much Jess...I know you were planning on taking a day off from your exercising today...your sacrifice means a lot to me!






You've been such an inspiration to me, that I could not let your 30 minutes go un-walked today. Thanks for getting me moving, even when I planned to "veg." I needed the workout!


Oh, since you always report what you did: I walked a 5 min. warm up, followed by 10 minutes of walking at 3 mph and then I did the Couch- to-5K program. I'm still on week one, so I did 90 secs. of walking alternated with 60 sec. of running for 15 minutes. Then I did a 5 min. cool down at a rapid pace of about 2 m.p.h. I was wiped, but I killed it. Only for you!! Sunday is normally my day off- but I feel great. Going to go tackle the laundry before my endorphins wear off!! Love,J

2 comments:

  1. Aw! How sweet! Hope your feeling better Bec!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! What a great friend and what a great idea. I've been thinking of you all day lady. Hope you were able to get some good sleep last night. Let me know if there is anything I can do for you.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for cheering us on! We love hearing from you.